Thursday, September 1, 2011

wearing now: lace blazers and misfit clothing

If blogging has done one thing for me, it has certainly given me an idea of the kinds of clothing I love, the clothes I tolerate, and most importantly, those that just don't look good on me!  It's time for me to do laundry, so I'm pretty much scraping the bottom of the clothing barrel right now.  One of the items on the bottom of that barrel is a lace tank top that is totally NOT office appropriate.  Not only isn't it office appropriate, but I also haven't worn it in years"Why do I still own it?" you may ask?  That question is probably even more relevant considering the fact that I donate clothing at least twice a year.  Yet and still, I keep holding on to this top!  You never know when you are going to need a sheer lacy top do you?!

top: random lacy white tank cami: Old Navy pants: Gap blazer: H&M (similar here) shoes: Coach necklace Charlotte Russe
This out fit also reinforced the idea that it's a great idea to have plenty of basics and layering pieces around!  I picked up a ton of camis at Old Navy last winter for between 2 and 5 bucks and they have been a lifesaver on more than one occasion!  I don't know how I survived so long with out them...wait, I take that back, somehow I managed to get by with wifebeaters and strategically placed tube tops.  Serious stuff.

This blazer was another one of my H&M finds.  While I was scouring the rack for the white lacy blazer, I came across this hot little number and fell in LOVE!  It is gray lace and has this cute little blow closure:
When buttoned, this blazer creates the illusion of a fabulous shape!  I was a tiny bit worried that it would look stupid unbuttoned, but I think it may grow on me!

2 comments:

  1. For some reason your pictures are not showing up for me :-/

    A Preponderance of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm..I wonder why that is...I didn't do anything different. I'll go investigate and if I find anything out, I'll let ya know! :)

    ReplyDelete