Friday, September 30, 2011

writing now: fall purchases

I haven't really been in the mood for fall fashion lately.  Maybe I'm just in denial.  I'm just not ready for winter.  I have, however, been really into nail polish!  Some of the fall releases are really helping me ease into fall.

essie lady like, essie case study, essie sew psyched

I had a really hard time deciding between a few of the more nude-like colors in the fall release, but walked away with lady like, case study and sew psyched!  One thing I don't like about essie nail polishes is that they *never* look like they do in the bottle once they applied on me.  They look *nice* but not quite the same.



The picture above shows all two coats with no base or top coat.  In the pictures below you can see that they have a tendency to apply more streaky than polishes that I'm used to working with.  They take an incredible amount of patients to work with, but I think the end result is worth it.  I've gotten more compliments on my nail polishes while wearing these, than I have any other polish.

First up, lady like:
This polish exudes femininity.  As I'm trying to really define my style and figure out WHO I am and the image I want to portray, feminine is definitely the cornerstone oft the picture that I'm developing. I'm currently wearing this on my toes and it really disappears.  I've been on the hunt for the perfect nude *everything* and that has proven quite difficult with my skin tone, but I think this will be my go to nude pedi!

Next case study:
This polish was not what I was expecting when I purchased it.  I'm wearing it now and have been hearing I love that nail polish.  It puts me in the mind of femininity without being too in your face about it.  It's more along the lines of, "Yes I care enough about my appearance to care for my nails, but please take a look at this wonderful bag I'm carrying instead, thanks."  You know...it's there, but it's not THERE!
 
Lastly, sew psyched:
This is somewhat out of my comfort zone.  I never really got into the whole mint green trend of this summer, but I was intrigued by it!  I find that this nail color is a nice compromise!  I plan to wear it this week as a test run of sort.  If I end up disliking it as a full on mani, I'll wear it on my toes!

My mani was lady like earlier in the week:


I was really impressed with the wearability. I had little to no tip wear.  Although it takes *extra* care to apply this polish without it being streaky (and I didn't really do a good job with this first run through, I was late for dinner :( ), it is worth it!


 And here is my case study mani from later in the week:



This week: Sew Psyched! Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment