Monday, October 10, 2011

50 classics challenge - week 1: casual daytime outfit

I'm late, I know I know!  I attended a work conference late last week AND went out of town, so I didn't have time to post.  Of course I left packing until the very last minute.  I had to finish up some work stuff.  I had to clean my house prior to departure.  I had a lot to do.

So without further ado.  My friend over at Petite JD has started a challenge for the month of October, inspired by this wonderful checklist:


I've decided that I want to redo my wardrobe and my look but didn't know where to start...until I saw this checklist. 

My Casual Daytime Outfit:


My first instinct was to wear my dark rinse skinnies, but I decided to do something a little different with these Gap jeans.  I've also owned these boots for a few years now and NEVER worn them.  I guess I've felt kind of intimidated by them all this time...not any more!  I'm really having trouble finding "winter" shoes, but found these in the back of my closet.  Problem (partially) solved.


I would actually finish this outfit with my black trench with a tulip skirt (love...in person), but it just doesn't photograph well when taking self photos :(  Instead, my Ann Taylor trench.  If only I had known about petite sizing then!


Hopefully when this coat makes an appearance next spring it will have made a visit to the tailor!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! The shoes are great, and I'm glad they are finally out of storage and ready to be worn =) I have a few pieces that I used for the challenges that I wouldn't normally wear but am excited to wear now.

    The trench is also darling and it really makes the outfit look "classic!" Can't wait to see what you do for the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete