Wednesday, December 28, 2011

reviewing now: red carpet manicure pro kit


I have to start this post by singing the highest regards for this product! If you have to stop reading right now, I would just recommend that you GO and pick this up!

Now here's my full review.

What they say:

Description

Pro Kit
All of the tools for a Red Carpet - Ready gel Manicure. Professional LED Light - LED Curing of accessories and color for a gel manicure in minutes.
The RCM Gel Polish Pro Kit contains everything you need for a professional salon gel manicure in the comfort of your home. Our RCM Professional LED Light is especially designed to efficiently cure RCM Structure, LED Gel Polish and Brilliance in seconds. The Red Carpet - ready manicure will last weeks of long wear and shine.

What I say:

The Pro Kit (Retail 69.99 from Ulta) contains
  • The Pro LED Light
  • Purify Pre & Post Application Cleanser
  • Erase Gel Nail Polish Remover
  • Prep Max Adhesion Gel
  • Structure Base Coat Gel
  • Brilliance Seal & Shine Top Coat
  • Revitalize Nourishing Cuticle Oil
  • LED Gel Polish in Red Carpet Reddy

This product is every thing they described and more!  I've usually polish my nails twice a week (or so), have only had 2 salon manicures and have never had a gel manicure.  Before I began I read everything that I could on the product.  There weren't a TON of bloggers that have written about it and some reviews were better than others.  I also watched a couple of you tube videos to show me how to apply.  From start (cleaning my cuticles) to finish (removing the residue from my thumbs) the entire process took me exactly an hour. A regular manicure takes about 30 - 45 minutes until my nails are dry enough to sleep on.  As soon as I was done with this manicure, I did LAUNDRY.  This is major for me!

The process:
1.) Remove excess cuticle with Sally Hansen's Cuticle Remover (the blue gel).
2.) Use purify solution on a napkin on 4 fingers of left hand.
3.) Use prep on 4 fingers or left hand.
4.) Apply a very thin coat of structure base coat and cure under pro light for 2 cycles (45 seconds each).
5.) Apply a very thin coat of LED Gel Polish and cure under pro light for 2 cycles.
6.) Apply a very thin coat of LED Gel Polish and cure under pro light for 2 cycles.
7.) Apply a very thin coat of Seal & Shine Top Coat and cure under pro light for 2 cycles.
8.) Use purify solution on a napkin on fingers.
9.) Repeat on 4 fingers of right hand.
10.) Repeat on thumbs.

The results:
Red Carpet Manicure in Nominated For

Incredibly!  It really looks amazing in person - especially considering that this was my first time!


Finally, my tips (based on what I saw on various blogs and you tube videos):

  • Don't wash your hands once you begin the process - for example after you clean your cuticles.  You don't want to introduce any moisture into the manicure.
  • The Purify and Prep are basically just alcohol.  Once I run out, I probably won't repurchase.
  • The Erase is acetone.  I probably won't repurchase that either.
  • It's very important to use a lint free cloth to apply the purify and to remove the tackiness once your manicure is completed.  I used paper towels this time but plan to try makeup sponges next time.
  • Apply very very thin coats.  If your coats are too thick, they may lift or may not cure properly.  
  • Seal the free edge of your nail with each product.
  • Remove any extra product before you cure.
  • Darker colors may take longer to cure.
  • Make sure you cure the tips and the sides of your nails well.  If there are any shadows cast on your nails they won't cure properly.  That's one of the reasons I cured twice.  I rolled my nails from one side to the other to make sure they cured and also lifted the tips towards the light.
  • When you apply your top coat, float the brush on top of the nail.  Don't press down too hard because you may remove some of the color (especially dark colors).
This is supposed to last for two weeks (there will be growth around the cuticles as your nail grows), but I'll be probably be taking it off after a week so that I can apply another color.  I'll be sure to take another pic and update after a week!

    2 comments:

    1. I tried finding lint free wipes everywhere. I even went into an Ulta store and they asked their manicurist and they didn't even have any. I bought some round, sponge, non-latex, makeup applicators. You can see them on my blog at MKPstamps.blogspot.com. They seem to work fine. I'm so glad you posted this nail color--I just ordered it. Thanks!

      ReplyDelete
    2. you can get lint free cotton pads at CVS!

      ReplyDelete