Saturday, December 3, 2011

wearing now: holiday nails

 

I'm on the hunt for my "holiday nail."  One of my friends laughed about me looking for holiday nail polish.  I thought EVERYONE did it!  Instead of purchasing a new color, I think I've settled on adding something sparkly to my nails this holiday season.  I checked out Ulta to see what they sparkly goodies that had in stock.  There were a ton of options!  I think every major brand has a sparkle, glitter or flaky polish out now. 

Read on to see what I got!


 

I settled on the smaller sized Orly sparkles.  If I'm only going to use them on top of another polish, I don't think I'd ever get through a full sized bottle of glitter polish.  These .18 oz bottles were 3.50 each *and* Orly polishes happened to be buy 2 get 1 free.  Score! 

 First up, Orly VIP, a pink glitter.


Second, Orly Hair Band, a gold glitter (that I'll probably use over a red for Christmas).


Lastly, Orly Shine on Crazy Diamond, a silver glitter that actually reflects multi colored! You can see the reflective glitter and it applies on the nail just.like.that!


I used Orly Shine on Crazy Diamond as a top coat for my date night mani.  I didn't use my usual Seche Vite on top, and am really impressed with how this wears! I must warn you though, this is a BEAST to remove!  It is totally going to be a pain to get my nails clean after removing this polish, so I've actually been wearing this to work, even though that's not something I'd normally do.

I can't believe that it's already Christmas and I'm planning Holiday Nails.  This year flew by!  I'll post pictures of manis with the other polishes as I do them!

No comments:

Post a Comment