Saturday, July 9, 2011

loving now: june 2011

I realize this post is a little late, and I wish I had more to share but this has been a slow month for me *sad face*

Here's a roundup of the things I am loving now:

photo credit here
Revlon Super Lustrous Nude Luster Lip Gloss.  Nudes have been very popular for some time now.  However, has anyone realized how hard it is to find Nudes for African Americans?!  Just like band-aids are supposed to be "flesh toned,"  traditional nudes always end up being more beige on me.  I have been on the hunt the perfect nude lip and have some great products in my arsenal, but my find for this month is Revlon Nude Luster Lip Gloss.  This product is a perfectly low maintenance nude lip color for me.  I say low maintenance because I have pigmented lips and usually have to pair my lip products with a lip liner (colored or color correcting) in order to get the lippy to show up properly!  I don't *have* to do that with this gloss!  Most of the time, I do use a color correcting liner with it, but even if I'm in a rush or on the go and don't have time, it still looks great!  The gloss is very pigmented - a great drugstore find!

 photo credit here

Stila Lip Glaze in Brown Sugar.  I found this in the bottom of one of my purses a couple of days ago and put it back in my cosmetics bag.  I had forgotten how much I loved it!  This is another one of those glosses that gives my lips a decent amount of coverage.  I also like that the applicator is a brush.  That helps with getting the application precise.  The brush also reduces contamination of the product inside the tube because you aren't applying it to your lips and then dipping it back into the product.  Fair warning though, don't twist the applicator too much.  Just give it a couple of quick twists and wait so you don't have a product explosion on your hands!


photo credit here

Scunci mini hair clips.  I've been wearing my hair up a lot.  It's summer and it's hot!  I've been washing 2 - 4 times a week and don't have time to straighten my hair, nor is it healthy for my hair to have so much heat applied to it!  This means I've been washing my hair (mostly a quick rinse with conditioner - no shampoo) at night, but of course I still need to look presentable for work.  Enter braidouts and buns!  I've been doing braidouts for YEARS now and they are among my favorite summer styles (especially when I need a relaxer, like I need one now!).  Either I've been wet bunning my hair or rocking a braidout bun for some funky texture, and these clips hold my hair really well.  I also like to use spin pins and scunci hair pins occasionally.  These clips are great, they don't snag my hair which is so important when you have long, relaxed hair!  They were extra cheap too, only $1.00 at Target's dollar spot.  I'll be going back to pick up a couple more packs!  Two thumbs up! Mine are a little larger than those in the photo above and came in a pack of 3 - 2 black and 1 brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment