Tuesday, July 12, 2011

writing now: forced 30ish for 30ish (okay, okay 46!)

I've been intrigued by the 30 for 30 challenges that various bloggers participate in, but thought, "who me? nevah!"

Well never say nevah because I am now imparting on my very own, modified, 30ish by 30 ish challenge.  Might I add that this challenge was forced upon me. Forced I tell ya!

Picture it: Spring 2011, I left my small town life to interview for a job in Washington DC!  Never thought I'd get the job, however I had my sights set on the hustle, the bustle, the excitement that the city brings.  I went to the city for the interview and thought that would be the last of it.  Low and behold, by the end of the week, I received a call.  I had been selected for the position.  **insert Jersey Shore fistpump here**

But wait, DC?! This is going to be quite the transition.  Where will I live?  I won't know anyone!  I won't know my way around the city.  What am I going to do??  This is why *he* says I need my very own reality show something along the lines of "Country Girl Moves to the City."  This is where I politely remind him that I'm from the SUBURBS not the COUNTRY - big BIG difference!

The entire process has taken an eternity (I'd like to personally thank Congress for their inability to pass the budget in a timely manner and the hiring "pauses" that ensued), but it's finally coming to a close.  As such, I packed up my entire apartment in the SUBURBS, and moved all of my belongings to the big city and started my new job.  HA.  That would be too easy.  I did pack my entire apartment and move my stuff to my city apartment, but I haven't yet left my job here yet.  So, that means I'm staying with family for a couple of weeks while I wrap up some lose ends.  So THAT means, that I'm living out of a suitcase.

The contents of that suitcase (and toiletries case and makeup case - what can I say) would not entirely fit into the rules of the 30 for 30 cause this girl has got to have options, but I am much more limited than I am used to.  As such, I may have to get just a wee bit more creative than I have in the past!  I'm very grateful for the community of bloggers than have shown that this *is* possible!

Now, I do have a confession to make.  I had 3 weeks of outfits all picked out!  THIS TIME, I was not going to overpack.  Not THIS TIME!  NEVAH! *sarcasm voice*.  As I was walking out of my apartment, I kept running back in to get miscellaneous shirts and such.  Ah well.  Better luck next time!  I may actually participate in a 30 for 30 if this goes okay!

I packed:

18 shirts
 10 bottoms


6 dresses

5 cardigans and

7 pairs of shoes (not pictured boo )

(most of the shirts were last minute additions...oops!)

I know, I know, I FAIL! But still, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment