Sunday, July 24, 2011

wearing now: hanging with my cousins

I spent the day hanging out with my cousins, and of course it's a million degrees outside.  I wanted something nice, yet comfortable.  I'm also going to dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday this evening. Does anything fit that bill more than a maxi dress?  I absolutely love them!


The day I purchased this dress I got three others maxi dresses that I'm sure will be making a regular appearance on the blog.  I was thinking of returning this one, but my friend convinced me to keep it.  I'm glad she did because this is the dress I wear most often. 

dress: Planet Gold from Macy's shoes: random flip flops necklace: Charlotte Russe w/ H&M flower hair pin Ring: Charlotte Russe

I love that this dress is the perfect length without any alterations.  I did attempt to wear it last weekend with my Dolce Vita for Target wedges, but it was too short (insert sad face here) so flip flops it is!  I'm also on the lookout for some nice looking casual, but not quite flip flop, casual shoes.  I think Target may have some that fit the bill, but I'm trying to hold out until the go on super sale. I attempted to add a little bit more visual interest to the dress by attaching one of my flower hair pins to my necklace.  I kinda like it!


*He* does not like these dresses.  *He* says they look big and shapeless.  Ah well.  I still love them!  I also wore my hair in a big textured bun secured with one of the pins mentioned here.  I kept the makeup simple and used a little bit of bronzer, winged blue eyeliner and pink lips.  I wanted to look easy breezy!

No comments:

Post a Comment