Saturday, July 16, 2011

wearing now: jeggins

Jeggins are this girl's best friend.  Even if , Heaven-forbid, they go out of "style" one day in the distant future, I will probably still prance around in mine, laughing in the face of fashion.  Being a rebel.  Take THAT!



I would also like to take a quick moment to confirm how hard it is to take pictures of yourself.  And how stupid you feel doing it.  It is hard and I felt stupid.

jeans: Target shirt: H&M necklace: NY&C shoes: Target watch: Movado (and a hairtie that shouldn't be there)

I was sorely lacking inspiration for an outfit to wear to work, so I turned to my "inspirations" folder on my PC.  I wasn't inspired by any of my usual "inspirations" so I had to look elsewhere.  Enter the fabulous network of petite bloggers!  I looked through the petite fashion challenges and thought the "dressing up your basics" challenge was perfect for me.  I'm very much into wearing basics, and looked through the entries until I found one that struck my fancy (some of you petite bloggers have fancy, shmancy basics).  A fellow petite paired some denim with a plain white shirt and a scarf.  PERFECT...except it is 99 degrees outside and I would look as crazy as I felt taking pictures of myself if I worse a scarf.  I decided to pair my white tee with one of my NY&C necklaces to shnazz things up a bit.


Check out my Dolce Vita for Target wedges. I purchased a brown pair in a different style a couple of months ago and love love love them!  I didn't want to have two pairs of the exact same shoes in different colors (I'm notorious for that) so I chose this style, which is slightly different, but just as comfortable.  *love*

***note I wore these shoes and pants in a different outfit and cuffed the pants under so they didn't bunch up so much at the ankles.  MUCH better!***

No comments:

Post a Comment