Wednesday, July 27, 2011

wearing now: purple and white

I'm hoping lilac is going to be the it color for fall.  Really, really hoping!  I think it's such a pretty, underrated color that doesn't get enough play in the fashion world.  Is that what you call it?  PLAY?  Whatever it's called, you know what I mean!  I was thrilled to walk into H&M the other day and see a sign that read "5.00 and up" on a display.  I was even more thrilled to find this shirt on that tabled.  And I was the most thrilled to learn that it was, in fact 5.00! (I was later less thrilled to find out it is a racerback shirt, but it still came home with me!)  SCORE!

shirt: H&M cardigan: Old Navy jeans: BCBG shoes: BCBG necklace: Old Navy Belt: Forever 21

What's this I spy.  Not one, but two accessories!  Check the belt and necklace.  I really feel like I'm doing something now!  Sometimes I double loop the necklace, but I kinda fancy it knotted.  


You can't really see the details on this shirt, but it has a layer of ruffles around the neckline.  Nothing too fancy, but it adds a touch of femininity.  I'll have to take a better picture of the detailing at some point.  This outfit is totally, completely me.  But I don't know exactly what it is that makes it me, I just know it when I see it.  I really should be working on defining some kind of personal style.  


The flower in my hair is also from H&M.  I purchased it on the same day I bought the shirt.  I love curly hair and hair flowers.  I think the flowers add a little something something extra!

No comments:

Post a Comment