Friday, July 1, 2011

wearing now: pink and green

Here is an outfit that I wore to work one day a couple of weeks ago.  I'm trying to take more risks with color and trying to actually wear all of the shoes that are stacked in my closet!

 shirt: Polo Ralph Lauren jeans: New York and Company (petite) cardigan: Express shoes: Ferragamo

Unfortunately, my office tends to get a wee bit chilly during the day, so I always have to have a cardigan on hand.  I have cardigans in various colors, but always tend to reach for the same ones!  Today, I decided to be a little different and add a pink one for a touch of color. 


The ruffles on this shirt are another thing that make this outfit feel more special.  I'm really getting into pretty and feminine details lately, whether they come built into an outfit (like this shirt) or I have to add them via accessories.

Here's a quick view of the back of the outfit.  I think these pants are the perfect length for my flats!  I don't know if the sizing is consistent or if the fit makes a huge amount of difference, but I had to have my tailor lengthen another pair of NY&C petite jeans just a tiny bit.

This belt is what truly makes this outfit special.  I bought it on a whim while in H&M a few months ago (I also purchased it in black) and I think it was truly made for people of smaller or bigger than average proportions. I don't know if you can *really* tell by this picture, but there are two places on this belt where you can adjust the fit and make it smaller or larger if you need to!  What a lifesaver for those of use with smaller waist areas. One thing that I don't care for is the gold hardware.  I tend to wear more silver than gold, but you can't win them all!

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog so far! I'm new to blogging, too. Let's be blogging friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Heading over to your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete