Friday, June 10, 2011

reviewing now: gap legging jeans

Gap legging jeans became an overnight sensation in the petite community.  I rarely purchase things regular price (why? everything goes on sale eventually...but I suppose that's a post for another day), but I actually considered purchasing these jeans at the sticker price Lucky for me, the entire Gap store was 40% off the day I happened to wander in.  Goooo me!

Now on to the review.

I initially purchased these jeans when I was about 15 pounds lighter in a size 24 (00).  I was absolutely thrilled because they actually fit!  I read somewhere (I believe it was here) that petite women should consider the materials clothes are made of when considering making a purchase, especially denim, and that they should look for denim that has some kind of stretchy material as they tend to be smaller than those that don't.  I have personally found that to be true, and these jeans fit the bill! I had to size up to a 25/0 after the weight gain.


Materials:
99% Cotton
1% Lycra (Spandex)
Size 25/0

I've never worn them, and they are a little tight on me in the picture, but should easily loosen up with a little bit of wear. I definitely will be line drying these and not putting them in the dryer.


But as you can see they fit really well in the waist. I really had to tug on them to get the waist line to poke out a little. I wouldn't even have to wear a belt with these.
The jeans are a wee bit short for my tastes on me, and I may take them to my tailor to have the hem let out a bit. They reach a little above my ankles.  If my tailor can't take the hem out, I'll probably roll the bottom up for a french cuff look and wear them as ankle pants.


Here's a quick shot of the jeans from behind.  Petites around my size may want to try on a 26 to compare the size difference. Those that are a little smaller should try the size 24 or 25.

Another quick caveat:  The jean leggins appear to fit differently depending on which wash you purchase them in, so I definitely recommend trying them on before purchasing.  Here are the same jeans, same size, but they clearly fit differently.  These are a tiny bit more lose and are definitely longer than the gray wash.  I have worn and washed these before.

Future wearing now preview!  Hope you found the review helpful!  You can find this review and many others here!

No comments:

Post a Comment