Saturday, June 25, 2011

reviewing now: statement necklaces

In a previous post I mentioned that I've recently become interested in "finishing" more outfits and one of the suggestions from the Alteration's Needed Forum, was that I do more accessorizing.  My first attempt at that did not go all that well.  I purchased some necklaces from Charlotte Rousse.  They were nice necklaces, but 2 out of the 3 that I purchased broke within a month.  This does not make me a happy camper.

Enter New York and Company.  I have an aversion to spending a ton of money on trends that I'm not sure I am going to keep up with - and I'm not sure that necklaces are going to make a strong appearance in my wardrobe.  My girlfriend and I were in New York and Company scoping out the sales (no, I don't think NY & C is exceptionally petite friendly, but I have managed to find some winners in there clothes-wise), and I saw the jewelry was 50 - 60% off, AND we had a coupon for $30.00 off if you spent $70.00.  I picked up some necklaces in a few colors to see which ones I would reach for first before I make a large investment.

 All of the necklaces have this adjustable clasp, so you can decide how long, or short, you want the necklace to be.  They also feel incredibly lightweight (but not cheap) and don't get in the way of my workday. 


This one is a white shell necklace that includes a flower.  I was worried that the flower would be a little too large for my liking, but I think it adds a certain something to an otherwise boring outfit.  The suggested retail price is $19.95.  In the second picture, I am wearing the necklace on the shortest clasp.  (All the rest are worn on the longest, and this is how I typically wear them).

This necklace is a purple color.  I haven't actually worn it yet, but I like the color and think it's going to be a great color for summer and into the fall (I actually purchased a flower pin and a racer-back shirt from H&M in the same color!)  The suggested retail price of this necklace (and the rest of the short necklaces) is $16.95.


This green necklace has gotten a lot of wear, especially when I am wearing something in a particularly plain or boring color.  I like that it adds color to an outfit without being really loud - some days, you just don't want LOUD!

I also wear this necklace quite a bit. It just adds a pop of something spe-shul! The color is a little more vibrant than the necklace above.  I'm surprised that I reach for it as often as I do.  That's why I'm happy that I decided to take a chance and buy these necklaces in so many different colors, especially considering how reasonably priced they were!


I tend to gravitate towards longer necklaces.  I wear this one all the time.  It's true that longer necklaces do elongate the petite frame!  I'm going to be on the lookout for other longer necklaces. At this point, I would feel comfortable investing in a few, quality necklaces similar to the one above!  I believe this one retails for a little more than the shorter necklaces, perhaps $23.00 or so?  I don't remember the exact price and the tag has disappeared!

Well hopefully you enjoyed this review and you will be seeing these pieces in future outfits posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment