Wednesday, August 10, 2011

loving now: july 2011

The months fly by and I just don't buy that much stuff!  I have a feeling these are going to be short - every month!  But here goes:  The items I had a special affinity for during the month of July 2011!


 
photo credit here

Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser (again!).  I don't add new products to my skin care regimine often, but I decided that I was going to try the new Neutrogena Naturals Clarifying Cleanser.  Sounded GREAT.  More NATURAL.  Was getting RAVE REVIEWS from bloggers and vloggers.  That product had to be a winner RIGHT?  So, so wrong.   So horribly wrong. It totally destroyed my skin.  I knew that my skin didn't like lactic acid (although plain yogurt is a win), but now I know it doesn't care too much for salicylic acid either.  Guess I better stick to glycolic acid for my chemical needs :(  I turned back to this trusty cleanser to help get my skin back on track.  It really never lets me down, so I wave the white flag.  YOU WIN Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser.  YOU WIN!

 
photo credit here

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel.  My skin wasn't in the best shape so I really went back to basics.  I didn't stop using my retinol, but I did cut back a little.  I gave my skin a breather one or two nights a week and skipped the Ziana in favor of this moisturizer.  I have incredibly oily skin, especially in the summer so this lightweight moisturizer provides the perfect amount of hydration without being too rich.  It's important to moisturize even the oiliest skin so that it won't become dehydrated.  Sometimes if your skin is too dry, it will send your oil production into overdrive.




photo credit here

The MAC 134 Large Powder Brush.  I've been in this ongoing debate (with myself) over which face brush I should purchase to replace my Sonia Kashuk powder brush.  It has served me well for a few years now, but I noticed that it became become increasing scratchy on my skin.  It just wasn't soft. This brush is all that and more!  I'm still perfecting my technique, but I've found that applying powder from the inside of my face towards the outsides leaves me with clean, smooth coverage!  The brush is soft, yet dense, picks up a good amount of product and distributes it evenly on my face.  When in a pinch, I could also use this as a blush brush.  I love products that multi-task!




 photo credit here

MAC Bronze Eye Shadow.  This was one of my first eyeshadows that came from a department store.  I was bright eyed, bushy tailed and SAFE with my color selections.  Unfortunately this eyeshadow met with an untimely demise and smashed into a million pieces.  This was before I knew of the miracle that is alcohol for repairing power products, so I tossed it.  Shortly after, I expanded my eyeshadow collection, purchasing numerous bronzey colors, but never actually repurchasing this shadow.  Until now. I don't know what I was thinking.  This shadow is so incredibly versatile!  It's very easy to reach for, even on mornings where I don't have a whole bunch of time for eyeshadow application!  Blends very smoothly and provides a perfect wash of color when I'm low on time.  Winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment