Tuesday, August 2, 2011

wearing now: my favorite red blouse

Yes, dear readers, this is my favorite red blouse.  I don't think it really matters that this is my *only* red blouse does it?!

blouse: H&M pants: Express shoes: Cole Haan

I picked this shirt up (on sale) at H&M the same day I purchased the purple top from this post.  It was a great day wasn't it?!  Although I am always immediately drawn to black - or white -  I decided to break out of my own box and get it in red.  I love the bow on the front.  The detailing makes it look so pretty and feminine swoon!




These slacks are a pair of high waisted editors I picked up from Express long before I realized that high waisted pants are generally a bad idea for petites.  This was also long before I realized that if you are petite and are insist upon wearing high waisted pants, you may want to wear them with some sort of heel.  Ah well, you live and you learn.  I guarantee you that these pants will make an appearance on this blog in all of their high waisted glory because that's just how I roll.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you know how to work the high waisted pants well. Pairing them with a high cinched waist elongates you.

    http://preponderance-of-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm thinking of trying them with a tucked in shirt, longish cardigan or blazer and a long necklace to see if that has a similar effect.

    ReplyDelete