Thursday, August 18, 2011

wearing now: causal but special

Last Friday was casual, but special.  It wasn't special in a dress up kind of way.  It was special in a dress down kind of way.  Apparently, every year my job has a family picnic kind of deal and I was excited!  Because it was outside, I didn't want to wear anything too dressy, but also didn't want to wear a plain tee.
shirt: Walmart tank: Express jeans: Gap shoes: Target necklace: old (maybe Express?)

I was really stuck on WHAT to wear, and my friend suggested layering.  Layering a cardigan or a scarf would not do in 90 degree heat, but a tank top was the perfect compromise!  The wine colored tank gave my outfit a pop of color and a little something special!  You can't really tell in these pictures, but the tank has a little lace/beading detail along the bust.  My shoes are these cute little flats that I got from Target.  They are the kind that fold up and are incredibly uncomfortable.  I don't wear them often, and now I know why.  As soon as I sat down at my desk I had to put Bandaids on my heels.  OUCH!


No comments:

Post a Comment