Monday, August 8, 2011

wearing now: first day of work

 I finally made it!  No more living out of a suitcase!  Thank goodness!!!

The first day of anything can be entirely too stressful!  I still remember those first day of school feelings.  I usually had my outfit picked out WELL in advance.  I just *knew* I was going to look G-double O-D.  I (well my mom) did puh-lenty of shopping in anticipation of the big day.

The first day of work is sooooo not like that!  I couldn't figure out what to wear for the life me!  I didn't want to be too dressed up - my job is not a daily suite wearing kind of deal AT ALL.  I also didn't want to be too casual.  I would *much* rather be over dressed than under dressed.

shirt: BCBG pants: United Colors of Beneton necklace: gift from friend

I actually planned to wear a new blazer with this outfit, but when I put it on shortly before taking this picture, I wasn't feeling the look.  I don't know if it was because the pants have a higher rise or because the jacket was shorter (not quite cropped, but not long either) - but it wasn't a good enough look for me.  I did end up wearing a white cardigan - which was a brilliant move on my part because my office is FREEZING!  I don't know if it is summer or winter in there!  Casual was definitely the name of the game just in case I had to sit through any trainings or orientation type deals.  Yah just never know.

Oh, I apologize for cutting my shoes off.  They aren't anything spectacular, just some black flats.  I didn't know if I was going to have to do a lot of walking, so comfort was the name of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment