Saturday, August 13, 2011

wearing now: my first "casual friday"

With the new job comes new dress requirements.  I actually have to wear what I like to call "business casual-lite" Monday - Thursday.  Friday's are casual Fridays.  To me - that means JEANS!  I love jeans!  At one point, I owned over 30 pairs of jeans.  I mean, a girl can never have too many right?  You have your wide-legged jeans, your boot cut jeans, your skinny jeans, your jeggins.  Then you have your casual jeans, your dressy jeans, your date night jeans.  A pair for every possible occasion.

shirt: J-Crew blazer: H&M jeans: BCBG shoes: Coach necklace: old

When I got to work, I quickly realized that some people take casual Friday very literally.  I felt very happy, confident and appropriately dressed in my ensemble.  

This blazer is sure to be one of my favorites heading into the fall season.  It doesn't have an interesting print, or a special fabric - but that's what makes it so versatile.  My shirt has a fun, girly lace ruffle right down the front, and the plain blazer allows that feminine detail to be the center of attention.  LOVE.

2 comments:

  1. I love your tank! I have a similar embellished J.Crew tank that adds just the right amount of pizazz. That blazer couldn't be more petite-friendly; H&M always delivers for us petites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it a great shirt?! I have to stop myself from wearing it (and a similar from express) all the time!

    H&M is slowly becoming one of my favorite stores. I love that I'm not sized out, and that I don't always wear *the* smallest size in the store. You also can't beat the prices (most of the time :) )

    ReplyDelete