Wednesday, October 26, 2011

50 classics challenge - week 4: my choice

For this challenge I did something a little different.  I did design an outfit of my choice from the list provided above, but I also remixed that outfit!  This week, is an outfit I might wear to work on causal Friday, or wear to the grocery store or to do some reading in Barnes and Nobles (r.i.p. Borders ;( )


A simple outfit of jeans, a long sleeved tee and flats.  Pre-bloggin, I probably would've stopped there, but the new me also threw on a scarf and a ring for some visual interest! I would also probably throw on my leather jacket or black tulip skirt trench.

Now the remix.  This is something that I would wear if *he* called and wanted to go to dinner in a hurry, or if I was going to go have drinks with friends.


Jeans, a long sleeved tee, black pumps, a ring, a pearl necklace, a leather handbag, and a silk scarf tied around the handbag.  This is another instance where I would probably choose different accessories if I wasn't bound by the list.  A lot of bloggers have been posting about details lately and I've been wondering if that was a part of the je ne se qua that I feel like I'm missing.

Well that's all from me! Don't forget to head over to Petite JD to see her final outfit.  This was an interesting challenge, and I can't wait until the next one!

2 comments:

  1. I love the remix! Heels took the outfit from the bookstore to the bar!

    And also, I am so sad about Borders. B&N is NOT my favorite, I went there yesterday and I'm pretty sure the books there cost more than double what they cost on Amazon. Tragic

    ReplyDelete
  2. There used to be a Borders right down the street from me! I don't know if I can bring myself to purchase books from B&N. I don't think I can get over how expensive most are there. I like getting books from Wal-Mart. They usually have a pretty great selection of New Releases.

    I also have the Nook App (I know, I know, B&N, but my friends have it and we can loan each other books), and I'm surprised that some of the nook books cost MORE than the hard copies!

    ReplyDelete