Thursday, October 20, 2011

writing now: sephora friends and family sale

Is anyone purchasing anything from the Sephora Friends and Family Sale this year?  The internet was abuzz with friends and family rumors this year: Just use the same code as always!  FF2011; They aren't doing it;  They're doing it, but you really have to know someone who works there; They're doing it, but they will email you one code and once it's gone, it's gone!

 Of course, in true internet  myth fashion, the above is a mix of a little bit of truth and a little bit of fiction.  The truth?  You can go here and enter your email address for a one time use code.  You can enter 5 email address per computer, so you could place more than one order, if you had more than one email address.  I know, who doesn't, right?!

I know how crazy the internets gets around this sale, so a couple of weeks ago, I created my shopping cart with plans to log on at midnight and place my order.  Of course the best laid plans, right?!  My internet was out for the last two days :( I went in to work this morning at 6:30 am and placed my first order!  In this order:

 
image credit here
Makeup Forever High Definition Foundation

This foundation is my holy grail.  I've been using it since it's inception a couple of years ago.  I tend to switch to powder foundation in the summer because I become an oil slick :( but the cooler weather means this has become a regular in my am makeup routine once again!  This sale is a perfect opportunity to stock up on old favorites!

 image credit here

Makekup Forever Mat Velvet Foundation

This sale is also a great opportunity to pick up something new!  I've heard great things about the MUFE's Mat Velvet Foundation for ladies with oily skin so I'm hoping this lives up to the hype! I'll definitely write a full review once I get it!

 image credit: here

I was also suckered into purchasing this nail polish!  Nars in Bad Influence.  Nude Nail Polish, yes please!  I was headed towards checkout when I saw this polish available for 8.00!  I did some quick math and realized that after discount the polish would be just over 6.00 so I added it to my cart.  I know...I know...

You'll notice that these are what I'd consider staples or essentials.  I'm not ruling out a second order sometime in the next few days, but I didn't want to miss out on the items that I've been wanting to purchase for awhile.  Other possibilities include a new mascara (maybe Dior or MUFE), a new fragrance (possibly Clinique Be Happy), and a new lip color (although I have a ton of empties for Back to MAC, so I may wait on that!)

Anyone else planning to make any purchase?  Better shop soon, the sale ends on November 2nd!

No comments:

Post a Comment