Thursday, October 27, 2011

reviewing now: revlon colorburst lip butter



Recently, there has been a lot of internet buzz surrounding the new Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter so I picked one up yesterday.  I know they’ve been harder to find in some areas, but I managed to snag one at CVS.  The display wasn’t stocked, but there was a pretty good selection. Constantly wearing lip liners, lipsticks and/or lip glosses leaves my lips a little drier than I desire, so I often don’t reapply mid-day, choosing instead to use a chapstick and a lipgloss.  Let me tell you, these live up to all of the hype.



The color selection is amazing!  There are around 15 or so colors to choose from.  I had a hard time deciding and was immediately drawn to the bright pinks, but decided to do something a little different.  I chose Sugar Plum which appears to be a really pretty mauve in the tube.  I have lipsticks in the plum family that pull a really true, plum, but this gloss actually pulls more pink on me.  I’ve actually read reviews online that said that this is a MLBB (my lips but better) color on some.  While this isn’t the case for me, I’m definitely in love with this color and this product.


I’ve written before that I have pigmented lips, and I own very few products that will show cover the pigmentation, and this is no exception. It doesn’t COMPLETELY cover the pigmentation but the color is definitely there!  If I wanted the true color to show on my top and bottom lips, I would color correct my top lip with a nude lip liner and viola, problem solved!  Without a lipliner, this color didn't last a terribly long time on me.  I definitely get longer wear from a liner/lipstick/gloss combo, but this is far easier to apply and reapply (straight from the tube!) which is a big plus for me!  I would say these are perfect for those who are looking for the ease of a chapstick, but the color of a lipstick/gloss. 



The butters contain ingredients such as: mango butter, coconut oil, shea butter and feel extremely moisturizing while they are on.  They apply silky smooth.   I have noticed that my lips seem to be a little dry by the end of the day, but I don't know if I could attribute that to the product because I have dry lips.

I’m going to pick up a couple of more in the coming weeks, a pink (perhaps Pink Truffle or Strawberry Shortcake) and a nudish (maybe Fig Jam).  Can’t wait to try them out!
Another added bonus: I can apply color to my lips on the go, without using a mirror!

No comments:

Post a Comment