Sunday, November 27, 2011

reviewing now: muji 5 drawer acrylic case

 
Finally, my mystery package is revealed!  Meet my new Muji 5 drawer acrylic case.  These containers are cult favorites among beauty bloggers for a reason!  This container is a great alternative to the 600.00 cube storage containers.  Hopefully one day I'll get my hands on one of them, but for now, this is almost perfect for my needs!


First up, a before picture.

This is the way I used to store my daily makeup.  the first drawer contained items that I used regularly, the 2nd contained lip products and the third was empty.  This was purchased from target for less than 10.00.

Next a description of the Muji 5 drawer acrylic case. Muji.com says:
Multipurpose box with five drawers.

Size : 10.2 x 6.9 x 6.3"

Short sweet and to the point, right? Now for my review:  I love this container and at 27.95 it is very affordable!  I wouldn't say it is made of the best material in the world, and I'm afraid that I may scratch it or it may begin to show signs of wear, but for less than 30.00 I wasn't really expecting much.  Anyone have experience with acrylic cases?!  Also, as you can see in the pictures below, the drawers aren't very deep. At some point, I'll probably end up adding the Large Acrylic Case with Lid and stacking it on top of my 5 drawer case.  Now for pictures of how I'm using it.

The first drawer contains my every day products.


The 2nd drawer contains regularly used blushes and highlighter products.


Next are other products that I use regularly such as eye shadows, pencils, etc.

 
Next are lipsticks

 
Finally glosses.


 Now for the after!

 (I did some rearranging after these pictures were taken, my primer, mascara and concealer were moved to the top drawer).

These are currently in stock at Muji.com and tend to sell out very quickly!  So if you are interested I suggest you shop soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment