Friday, November 4, 2011

wearing now: menswear inspired

I'm not really huge on menswear, but sometimes I just get a bug in my butt to try something different.  How are you supposed to know what works (or doesn't), until you try it right?


Sometimes, it not really about the outfit or the pieces of the outfit or about the fit.  And I *loved* how this fit on me.  I think it create the illusion of *some* curves where there really aren't any.


I kind of attribute the illusion of shape to the fit of the items.  The vest that I'm wearing has a contraption on the back that allows me to make it smaller, which helps to accentuate my waist.  Love!  I really need to find a tailor and become better about tailoring my shorts.  Before I moved, I made a mad dash to have all of my pants altered, but boy, a great fitting top is just as important for that *look*!

2 comments:

  1. lets talk about the shoes though. LOVE EM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I actually got them at Marshalls in black too! When I bought them my mentee told me I was wasting my money because I'd never wear them. They are actually very comfortable. Ann Klein. Love them!

    ReplyDelete