Saturday, November 5, 2011

reviewing now: MAC can't resist

I recently Back to MAC'd a couple of products in exchange for a new lipstick: MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Can't Resist


If you haven't heard of Back to MAC, the short version is that if you bring 6 "empty" containers to a MAC counter or store you will get a free product.  You get a free lipstick at the counter (as long as it is not in limited edition packaging) or a free eyeshadow, lipstick or lipglass at a freestanding store (again, as long as it is not in limited edition packaging).

MAC Describes the Sheen Supreme Lipsticks as: a combination of the color impact of a lipstick with the shine sheen of a lipglass.  The perfect hybrid with no compromise.  Lightweight, nonsticky, slick to apply, and comfortable to wear. This is a must-have for all of those who have craved this fusion.

Let me tell you the above is the TRUTH!  I couldn't be happier with this formula.  I reviewed the Revlon Color Burst Lip Butters here and this is like the Lip Butters big, grown up sister!  The apply really smoothly and have amazing lasting power (I apply over a lip liner).  There is enough color to cover my pigmented lips, which is always a plus.  The shine is also outstanding!


MAC describes the color as a golden purplish red, which is not at all accurate in my opinion, and on me.  It almost looks more golden/bronze.  I don't really see purple.  I do love the color and find that it is great to help me transition into the cooler months.  I'm not saying that I'm totally going to put my fun spring/summer colors away for good, but I'm always happy to have options!


 This retails for 14.50 (plus tax).

2 comments:

  1. My cousin once bought used make up for $20 (a neighbor's makeup artist family member had died). It was a bin of approx. 200 eye shadows and a pound of lipsticks. I thought it was gross. --Then she told me about the mac program. -Ah, what an amazing deal!

    Love your color choice. Looks great against your skin tone.

    http://preponderance-of-fashion.blogspot.com/

    find me on twitter @FashionBlawger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    Your cousin is a genius!!! I never would've thought to do something like that. I have a TON of containers I need to turn in, though.

    ReplyDelete