Tuesday, November 22, 2011

wearing now: because i want to my dear

Recently went to the mall with *him* to do a little returning and shopping for him and this was my chosen outfit.  When he saw me, his first question was, "Why are you wearing something sheer?"  Because I want to my dear...because I want to! And the sensible side of me kicked in and reminded him that I *did* have a coat!




I purchased this sweater months ago when Target had one of their online sales.  Honestly, the sleeves are a little tight on me (which is why I have to wear it with a sleeveless shirt).  I could never figure out a way to style this sweater until now!  I wish I had purchased it in a different size and a different color. I would love to put a similar outfit together during the spring/summer months, but the black just seemed a little morbid for the warmer weather seasons.


This outfit has so many built in details that I didn't want to take away from them by adding too many accessories.  The lace and the ruffles were able to shine through.  I do wish that I had worn some more details on my wrist.  Maybe some bangles opposite of my watch?  Also, on a parting note, these jeans are totally amazing for petites!  I purchased them from the Gap a few months ago on super sale.  I believe they were $7.00 (or so).  I decided to save them for boot season because they are stirrup pants.  The fit, though...amazing!  I don't even have any waist gap, which is uncanny!  I'll probably be trading in my leggins for these jeans this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment