Tuesday, November 8, 2011

wearing now: trying to embrace fall


Fall is coming...and I'm not prepared.  I know I posted a few fall favorites a couple of weeks ago, but I'm still not sure what I'm going to be wearing!  I did do a little shopping while I was at home a couple of weekends ago, so I do have a few new pieces that I'm excited about.  In the meantime, this has pretty much become my uniform.  Jeans or slacks, a shirt, a blazer or cardigan and some kind of accessories.  It seems so boring when I "say" it like that, but it's definitely a long way from where I started, when I would've stopped at the jeans or slacks and the shirt!



 I do love the detailing on the shirt and think the blazer highlights that more than the shirt alone, so I'm glad I paired them together.

This blazer is definitely too big for me and has been placed on the "too tailor" pile.  I did some quick adjusting by rolling the sleeves up and standing creatively during the day.  Definitely too much work.  This is a throwback from before I actually cared about fit and was drawn to the smallest size in the store, whatever it is.  I'm sure other petites can empathize.  I think this blazer is a 0 regular from Ann Taylor Loft.  Kind of funny considering I have other blazers that are a size 2 or 4.  Come on designers, get with the program!  We are all begging for more consistent sizing!

2 comments:

  1. love the blazer and the color palette! the blazer really makes the outfit go from "fine" to "totally put together!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! When I was getting dressed, I couldn't help but think, "this isn't FINISHED, yet!" before putting the blazer on.

    ReplyDelete